This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1889. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Hardtmuth introduce Koh-i-Noor pencils
- John Holland Pen Company is incorporated
- George S. Parker begin to make fountain pens
- Weidlich is founded by Otto E. Weidlich in Cincinnati as O. E. Weidlich Pen Company
- Patent US-D019278, applied in 1889, by Edward Todd Jr., Swan. Design for foutain pen or pencil holder.
- Patent US-D019277, applied in 1889, by Edward Todd Jr., Swan. Design for foutain pen or pencil holder.