The Estense, or better, according to the full denomination (and the registered trademark Reg. Gen. N. 91570), the "Marca Estense", is a Modena company active from the 30s to 50s. There is very little information about the company, the foundation date is not known, just the trademark request in 1942, which places an upper limit, but the company is probably born several years before. From the trademark registration we know the owner, Maria Pozzetta.
The company was noted for economic models of medium quality, produced, as reported by Letizia Jacopini, in the Settimo Torinese district, and sold under his brand. The earliest production is made of colorful celluloid pens with rolled metal decorations, gold nibs and button filler system. The body is typically stamped Marca Estense with the coat of arms of the Dukes of Este (an eagle in a laurel wreath).
After the war were also marketed piston filler models in plastic resin. The company is also known for the production of white or pearl pens (usually in celluloid) addressed to the traditional market of the first communion gift.