This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1884. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Grieshaber is founded by Benjamin B. Grieshaber in Chicago as Grieshaber Pen Company
- Jewel Pen Co. is founded by John Calton in Londra as Jewel Pen Company
- John Holland Pen Company open a new factory dedicated to fountain pens production
- Sterling Fountain Pen is founded by Rhodes G. Lockwood in Boston as Sterling Fountain Pen Company
- Lewis Edson Waterman get his first patent (nº US-293545) for a multi-channel feeder
- Wirt is founded by Paul E. Wirt in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania