This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1914. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Walter Boss enters Cross
- Kaweco acquire A. Morton & Co., taking their know how and starts its nib production in Heidelberg (1913?)
- Kraker is founded by George M. Kracker in Kansas City as Kraker Pen Company
- the Simplo Fullfeder GmbH start official use of Montblanc trademark
- the Simplo Filler Pen Co. GmbH is renamed as Simplo Fullfeder GmbH
- Montblanc introduces its star logo
- Wahl Eversharp is founded by John C. Wahl in Chicago as The Wahl Company
- Wahl Eversharp enter the writing instrument market producing the Eversharp pencil
- Carlo Drisaldi becomes general agent for Italy of Waterman
- Patent GB-191400948, applied in 1914, by Cecil Bristow, Swan. Improvements in or relating to Fountain Pens.
- Patent US-1143525, applied in 1914, by William I. Ferris, Waterman. Dispensing-stopper for ink-bottles.
- Patent US-1144436, applied in 1914, by Julius L. Schnell, Schnell, Bankers. Self-filler fountain-pen.
- Patent GB-191508198, applied in 1914, by George M. Kracker, Kraker. Improvements in or relating to Fountain Pens.
- Patent US-1197360, applied in 1914, by William I. Ferris, Edwin F. Britten, Waterman. Presser-bar-actuating lever for self-filling fountain-pens.
- Patent GB-191505790, applied in 1914, by William I. Ferris, Edwin F. Britten, Waterman. Improvements in Self-filling Fountain Pens.