This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1938. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Byers & Hayes ceases operations
- Böhler is founded by Hermann Böhler in Heidelberg
- Chilton transfer activities to Summit, in New Jersey
- all Conklin assets are sold to a Chicago investor group
- japanese brands are forced to use steel nibs, called shiro nib
- Luxor transfers the production facilities in Cologne
- Günther Wagner - Pelikan introduces the 100N luxury versions 100N Gold, 101N Weisgold, 100N Toledo, 101N Gold
- Günther Wagner - Pelikan starts general use of palladium nibs (marked "Pd")
- Günther Wagner - Pelikan starts using the logo with two chicks (?)
- the Pilot logo take the "P" letter instead of "N"
- Pilot is renamed as Pilot Pen Co., Ltd.
- Patent DE-689744, applied in 1938, by Heinrich Schwarting, Konrad Kressel, Montblanc. Füllfederhalterständer.
- Patent US-D110896, applied in 1938, by Alfonso Iannelli, Wahl Eversharp. Design for a pencil or similar article.
- Patent GB-511521, applied in 1938, by Arthur E. Andrews, Mentmore. Improvements in or relating to stylographic pens.
- Patent US-2189696, applied in 1938, by Arthur E. Andrews, William F. Johnson, Mentmore. Stylographic pen.
- Patent US-2208460, applied in 1938, by David Kahn, Mack Seyforth, Wearever. Pen point and method of making the same.
- Patent US-D112283, applied in 1938, by Benjamin W. Hanle, Eagle. Design for a fountain pen or similar article.
- Patent DE-689408, applied in 1938, by Ernest Wüller, Unbranded. Füllfederhalter mit in seinem Haupttintenraum vorgesehenem Hilfstintenraum.
- Patent GB-514513, applied in 1938, by Leslie William Johnson, Edward Stephen Sears, Swan. Improvements in or relating to self-filling fountain pens.
- Patent US-D116005, applied in 1938, by Leon H. Ashmore, Esterbrook. Design for a pen and pencil clip.
- Patent DE-732603, applied in 1938, by Gregor Miltner et al, Faber-Castell. Kolben für Füllfederhalter.
- Patent US-D114095, applied in 1938, by Karl Weisser, Wearever. Design for a fountain pen and pencil clip.
- Patent US-2152161, applied in 1938, by Milford G. Sypher, Chilton. Inlaid article and method of inlaying.
- Patent US-D112401, applied in 1938, by Anatol N. Andrews, Unbranded. Design for a fountain pen or a similar article.
- Patent GB-517388, applied in 1938, by Eric Ernest Samuel Wade, Lang - Curzon - Summit. Improvements relating to Fountain Pens.
- Patent DE-689266, applied in 1938, by Emil Ghüne, Albert Schneider, Soennecken. Taschenklammer an Verschlusskappen für Füllfederhalter und Füllstifte.
- Patent DE-700837, applied in 1938, by Etienne Panici, Bayard. Fuellfederhalter mit einem Glasrohr und einer dieses umgebenden durchsichtigen Schutzhuelse.
- Patent US-2241846, applied in 1938, by William R. Cuthbert, W. A. Sheaffer Pen Company. Receptacle for liquids.
- Patent DE-696573, applied in 1938, by Albert Schneider, Soennecken. Kolbenfuellfederhalter mit einem auf der Schraubspindel des Kolbens axial verschiebbaren Drehknopf.
- Patent GB-520445, applied in 1938, by Forrest Baird, Stephens. Improvements in and relating to closures for containers for liquids.
- Patent US-2177466, applied in 1938, by Herman K. Stempel, W. A. Sheaffer Pen Company. Pencil eraser.
- Patent US-2179727, applied in 1938, by William George Albert Mckay, Sengbusch Self-Closing Inkstand. Writing Pen.
- date is taken from an article published on "Illustrazione Italiana", in an insert dedicated to autarkic productions, published as supplement to N. 17 of 1938, which reported the news that the production in the new plant in Arona would be starting in days.