This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1916. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Byers & Hayes is founded by John E. Hayes, George T. Byers in New York
- Conklin Pen Manufacturing Co. introduces its spring clip
- Mallat starts fountain pen production
- Météore - La Plume d'Or is founded by L. Demilly, V. Degen in Nanterre as Manifacture Parisienne de P.P.R.
- Nettuno is founded by Umberto Vecchietti in Bologna
- The Parker Pen Company produces the Trench Pen for the U. S. War Department, given to soldiers to write from the front line
- Tibaldi is founded by Giuseppe Tibaldi in Firenze as G. Tibaldi e C.
- Patent US-1266141, applied in 1916, by Frank H. Mooney, Conklin Pen Manufacturing Co.. Presser-bar for fountain pen.
- Patent GB-101895, applied in 1916, by Cecil Bristow, Swan. Improvements in or relating to Fountain Pens.
- Patent GB-101241, applied in 1916, by Duncan Cameron, Cameron. Improvements in Fountain and other Reservoir Pens.
- Patent FR-20859E, applied in 1916, by Duncan Cameron, Cameron. Perfectionnements aux stylographes et autres porte-plumes à réservoir.
- Patent FR-483349, applied in 1916, by Duncan Cameron, Cameron. Perfectionnements aux stylographes et autres porte-plumes à réservoir.
- Patent GB-113082, applied in 1916, by Duncan Cameron, Cameron. Improvements in Fountain or Reservoir Pens.
- Patent US-1197224, applied in 1916, by William E. Moore, The Parker Pen Company. Clip for fountain-pens.
- Patent GB-118118, applied in 1916, by Felix Riesenberg, Unbranded. Improvements in Self-filling Fountain Pens.